EastHORN has an extensive investigator registry that contains data for most of the leading sites in Europe. Additionally, and even more importantly, every country in which we operate has locally-based staff who have personal and professional relationships with sites. It is this local, hands-on knowledge that enables us to have confidence in our feasibility reports and the resulting enrollment plans and timelines.
Before committing to a project we follow a detailed feasibility process, which includes strategic country and site selection, and that takes into account the priorities of our clients.
Country selection considerations:
- availability of patients;
- standards of care;
- regulatory timelines and processes;
- patient interest and medical benefit;
- logistical complexity and associated cost;
- client’s objectives with respect to timelines, budget, and marketing considerations;
- competitive trials;
- probability of ethics committee and competent authority approvals.
Final site selection takes into consideration:
- access to the appropriate patient population;
- involvement in other trials and availability of site staff;
- site contracting process;
- availability of equipment and procedures;
- investigator motivation;
- prior experience.